Owning a HYDRAGUN is like having your own personal masseuse. Whether you’re an athlete looking to relieve muscle pain and recover faster or an average joe wanting to alleviate muscle soreness from daily activities, HYDRAGUN is the best massage gun to help you.
HYDRAGUN comes with 6 attachment heads and utilizes percussion massage therapy, a tried and tested way to stimulate blood flow and reduce inflammation brought about by exercise and strenuous activities.
In this series, we list down which attachment head to use for which particular muscle group for optimal results.
Learn how to properly attach, remove and clean your HYDRAGUN attachment heads here.
The Attachment Heads
HYDRAGUN comes with 6 different attachment heads:
The ball attachment is recommended for large muscle groups. The fork has dual-point targeting and is great for deeper penetration of medium muscle groups. The bullet head is recommended for pinpoint targeting of tight knots. The flat heads (1 regular, 2 stainless steel) are suggested for larger surface areas.
You can use your HYDRAGUN all over the body, from the neck, shoulders, torso, legs and feet.
Using a Massage Gun on the Lower Back
The two most commonly used muscles when exercising the lower back area are the multifidus and quadratus lumborum(QL).
These muscles –
· Extend and stabilize the lumbar spine and pelvis
· Lift the hip
· Help in breathing
If you’re experiencing back pain, massaging these muscles (along with the gluteus medius or the middle muscle in the butt) will usually help alleviate the pain.
Recommended Attachment Head to Use:
· For warm-ups, cool-downs and between sets – ball
· For recovery – flat heads
· For deep knots – fork
1. Choose the attachment.
2. Turn the HYDRAGUN on and choose the speed setting.
3. Apply HYDRAGUN to the body.
For warm-ups and between sets:
1. Start at the origin of the muscle. Go back and forth across muscle fibers for 10-15 seconds.
2. Run the HYDRAGUN for another 10-15 seconds at the insertion of muscle fibers in a back and forth motion.
3. Finally, take another 10-15 seconds and run the massage gun along all muscle fibers.
1. Float the HYDRAGUN across all the muscle fibers.
2. Move the gun from side to side and then back and forth.
3. Do this for a maximum of 120 seconds (2 minutes).
For recovery or relaxation:
1. Run the HYDRAGUN across all the muscle fibers, going back and forth and side to side.
2. You can do this for 90 to 120 seconds (1.5-2 minutes).
For deep and tight knots, let the HYDRAGUN rest on the specific area for a few seconds.
Tip: Recommended attachment heads are just that – suggestions. HYDRAGUN can easily be customized depending on your needs so feel free to choose which attachment head and speed works best for you.
(See more usage and safety tips here.)
Experiencing pain in other areas? We got you covered.
No HYDRAGUN yet? Don’t miss out on the Future of Recovery. Get HYDRAGUN here.